Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rosewater Panna Cotta with Ginger Laced Cookies



I saw this recipe in a Martha mag in February, and I've been wanting to make it ever since. (I've been captivated by the idea of rose water in cooking ever since a friend and I made rose water apple pie in elementary school.) I love the consistency of puddings and custards, and this is creamy like a pudding and holds it's shape like custard.
The faint rose smell/taste is balanced by fruit and blueberry jam and the ginger cookies. The flavors come together beautifully. I think alone the panna cotta would taste like air freshener.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/rose-water-panna-cotta-with-raspberries-and-lychees?autonomy_kw=rose%20water%20panna%20cotta

the original recipe calls for lychees and candied ginger, but I was done spending money on the project and pulled out the trusty blueberry jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment