Monday, September 7, 2009

Dark Chocolate Mint Cupcakes


Mint Chocolate Cupcakes, batch 1 of 2
these are dark chocolate cupcakes, and they were divinely moist.  I used my good friend Martha's recipe.  I used her mint buttercream, too, but it was almost entirely butter, not even very much confectioner's sugar, and I am not one to eat butter straight up.

batch 2 was the same cake but with a chunk of semi sweet chocolate place on top of each filled uncooked cupcake.  I wanted a gooey center, but the chocolate fell through to the bottom of the cupcake during baking and re-hardened when the cupcakes were cool.  I may have to use some sort of fudge if I want a gooey center.
I adapted a bailey's buttercream that we used at my bachelorette, and I think the icing was (which had less butter and more sugar, but no eggs) was a better fit.  Big time butter wasn't bad but little butter was better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment