Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Kahlua Cupcakes



I am proud of this combination. However, I used my fail-proof chocolate cupcakes from Martha, and they failed. I used brown sugar instead of white, but that may not have been the only thing I did wrong.



First make Chocolate Cupcakes. If you want, you could add some kahlua to the batter.

Second, make Chocolate Coffee Ganache for the filling.

Heat 1 cup cream on the stove. Add 2 T coffee and let steep for 5 minutes or so. Use a coffee filter or a fine sieve to strain out the coffee grains. Heat the cream again, and add 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chopped. Let sit for a minute or two, then stir til smooth.

Use a small round cookie cutter to cut holes in the tops of the cooled cupcakes. Save the pieces that come out. Put about a tablespoon of chocolate filling in each hole, then replace the cupcake cap.


Next, make icing using 2 stick softened unsalted butter. Pour in 2+ tablespoons Kahlua. Add powdered sugar, a little at a time, until preferred sweetness and consistancy. (Between a 1/2 pound and a pound.) I used food coloring to make mine orange for halloween.


No comments:

Post a Comment