Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Harry Potter Halloween Party!!!

(not our kitchen)

Quite possibly the best party of my life.
It all started because I found a recipe for treacle tart, which always sounded delicious in the books. I started thinking...Harry Potter Food....Harry Potter Party....
Plus, I love a chance to get ridiculously excited about HP, tease my hair and don my bodysuit. PLUS, everyone else dressed up too. We had a Snape, Narcissa, Lucious, Krum, Hermione, Harry, Neville, Dobby, Hagrid, Trelawney, Rita Skeeter, Voldemort, Padma, Luna, Goyle, etc. I was Buckbeak the Hippogriff.


The menu:
Pumpkin Pasties
Treacle Tart
White Pumpkin Cheeseball
Cauldron Cakes
Spinach Dip
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Assorted gummy slugs, mushrooms, bears and worms
Reeses Peanut Butter Pumpkins

We tried to make Butterbeer with a combination of apple cider, caramel, fresh squeezed orange juice and cream. It tasted good, but it didn't taste like butterbeer. Have to keep experimenting.



We used puff pastry and pie dough for the pumpkin pasties with a pumpkin pocket pie mold from Williams-Sonoma, and this recipe for pumpkin filling.

Treacle Tart is kind of like pecan pie without the pecans, and the secret ingredient is "Golden Syrup."

The white pumpkin cheeseball is SPECtacular. A real hit, and I'm not usually one for cheeseballs. Recipe from Southern Living.

The cauldron cakes were just chocolate cupcakes

The Spinach Dip was from Martha

The Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are the same from a earlier blog entry.



Some choice photos from the night:

Hippogriff, minus the wings that I definitely spent too much time on.

Voldemort, killing a cupcake.

Hagrid, Lucius and Dobby


Goyle getting Harry
Eric wearing my beak

Neville with his love fern.
Prof Trelawney, duh.

3 comments:

  1. i think this post need a link to my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. سيما لينكس

    ReplyDelete