Thursday, November 5, 2009

Beer Bread

This bread is the perfect fall-type bread, the ideal companion to soups of a hearty nature. I have thank my best friend Leah's family for introducing me to this sweet, springy loaf.

Also, it's easy. Did I mention that part? So simple, it's just....

3 cups flour
3 t baking powder
1 t salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 bottle of your fave beer (miller highlife is good)

Mix it all together and pour into a greased loaf pan, then bake at 350 for 30-45 min. It will be light golden brown. Enjoy!


I love this bread with White Turkey Chili and with Butternut Squash soup. (Recipes to come). Make it for your meal tonight; it will become a staple in your diet.

2 comments:

  1. i, in fact, had some this morning...as it is also great with applebutter. yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mik, I have been checking your blog regularly (and drooling, I might add). I got so excited when I saw how easy this recipe was and that we have all of the ingredients down here in Ecuador. I doubled the recipe and made it for the house, and it was gone less than 5 minutes after it came out of the oven. Hope you are doing well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete