Thursday, October 1, 2009

BBA Light Wheat Bread

This loaf is gorgeous if I do say do myself.

It was a one day recipe, too, which was nice. I mixed 2.5 c all purpose flour, 1.5 c whole white flour, 3 T honey, 1.5 t yeast, 1.5 t salt and some water with a wooden spoon, then kneaded it with the mixer for 6 or so minutes.
I let it rise in a covered bowl for 2 hrs, then formed it into a loaf and let it rise in the pan for an hour and a half more. In the oven for 30 min, let cool for a couple hours before slicing.


Bread rising on the windowsill:


towards the end of the rise:

Fresh out of the oven:




golden brown perfection, great with jam.

I think all the rising and such sounds like a lot, but if you're in and out of the house, and in the kitchen anyways, like I was yesterday, then it's really more of an afterthought. At the end of the day, it's like "Where did this perfect homebaked loaf of bread come from?"

No comments:

Post a Comment