Friday, October 9, 2009

BBA Ciabatta Bread


This is good bread.

BUT-
This bread broke my mixer.

At least, it makes a funny noise now, and it won't blend anything thick. I certainly hope that when I sent in to receive the rebate, I was also registering for the warranty.

I sound calm, but I am devastated.


Anyway, I made the Cibatta bread from the Bread Baker's Apprentice book, and I am pleased with the flavor and it rose the way it was supposed to.

I baked the first loaf directly on the stone on the lowest rack in the oven, and I would not recommend that as it burned the bottom of the loaf. The second loaf, I baked it on a sheet on the stone in the middle of the oven and it turned out nicely.

This recipe involved several risings and folding the dough "letter style" between risings.


Golden brown loaves...I always forget to slash my loaves.






stupid mixer.

2 comments:

  1. OH NO, NOT THE NEW MIXER!!! QUICK SOMEONE CALL A DOCTOR OR AT LEAST A GOOD REPAIRMAN!! ERIC, CAN YOU REVIVE IT? OR AT LEAST GET A LARGE BANDAID!!!

    ReplyDelete