Monday, December 28, 2009

Epic Baking Week.


I think about the me that was three months ago, and I would've never dreamed that I'd ever attempt to make 8 cakes in a 24-hour period. And yet, here we are, and I'm on vacation after a week in which I used around 6 dozen eggs, 8 pounds of cream cheese, and 10 pounds of butter.

I have to brag a bit and tell you that in those 24 hours between tuesday night and wednesday night, I made 2 Cranberry Lemon Chocolate Poundcakes, 2 Milles Crepe Gateaus, 1 PB Cup cheesecake, 1 Hummingbird Cake, 1 Eggnog Cheesecake and 1 Yellow Cake with Dark Chocolate Frosting. That is not to mention the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake I made on Monday, and the 3 cakes I made on Saturday. It's been quite a week.

Some of the fruit of my labor:


I am totally enamored with the cran-lem-choc poundcake and the gorgeous bundt cake mold I baked it in. (Thanks Beth!)




No comments:

Post a Comment