Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Updates


I've experienced some frustration over the past month, because I've been baking as much as ever, but I've figured out what recipes work at the restaurant (namely, PB Cup Cheesecake, Hummingbird Cake, White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake, and more...) So there's nothing new for you on the Fox Fix! All this work and nothing to brag about :(

Furthermore, there have been some changes at the restaurant, and in the interest of cutting costs, they are making most of the desserts in house now. :( :( :(

SO, from now on, I will make three cakes a week for the restaurant- two layered cakes and one non-iced cake. That means you'll be seeing a lot of cakes around here, but I'm sure I'll make time for other types of desserts here on the Fox Fix (if I can find someone to eat it!)




On the happy side, I got 2 new cookbooks!

Baked: New Frontiers in Baking by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito
Sky High: Irresistible Triple Layer Cakes by Alisa Huntsman and Peter Wynne

Look for new cake recipes and more in the coming weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment