Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting


This is not my favorite kind of cake. I'm more of a chocolate overload plus fruit kind of girl. However, it is a favorite of many, so it's a great one to have in your repertoire.

It is, in fact, my co-worker Cynthia's favorite, and the one she requested for her birthday last week.

Cynthia is awesome. My favorite moment with her was when it became apparent that she thought Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings were the same series, just different installments. (you know, like, "Harry Potter and the Return of the Half-Blood King" in which Harry must destroy Voldemort by throwing his magic ring into the volcano in Mordor. I guess Gandalf and Dumbledore could be pretty easy to confuse.) When I set her straight, she said "No wonder my Grandkids be lookin' at me so strange."


After googling "Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting" and considering my options, I decided to go with...you guessed it...Smitten Kitchen. It's almost embarrassing how often I reference those recipes. Deb just seemed so confident about the cake, and it's hard not to trust her.

And so, its in her capable hands I leave you:

Instant Fudge Frosting

I HIGHLY recommend this cake. So next time it's requested for a birthday or event, please please please do not reach for the box of cake mix, and try this one out. It won't disappoint.

I got a big carried away with the frosting for the restaurant's cake. It morphed into a sea urchin.

Ooooo trippy....

No comments:

Post a Comment